23 May, 2010

More than 100,000 members have been sacked from MIC over the past 30 years under the presidency of Datuk Seri S Samy Vellu ?

More than 100,000 members have been sacked from MIC over the past 30 years under the presidency of Datuk Seri S Samy Vellu, and most would return if the leadership were to change, the party's former deputy president Datuk S. Subramaniam said.

"There are thousands of members who have been sacked from the party," Subramaniam said, pointing out that large numbers of branches had been closed down.

"Over the past 30 years it may add up to more than 100,000 members since he took office," he said, noting that the entire membership of the IPF consisted of former MIC members.

"I strongly believe that after his retirement thousands of Indians will come back to MIC, provided the atmosphere is right," he said. "This is because they were sacked."

"I believe it can be done. The successor has to do this.

"It's not an easy job, it's a tough job, because a lot of Indians who have been sacked, have gone over to the opposition," he said.

Former MIC deputy youth chief, V. Mugilan, who was recently sacked from the party after asking Samy Vellu to step down soon, had on Saturday announced that he would launch an "anti-Samy Vellu" movement (GAS or Gerakan Anti-Samy Vellu).

When asked, Subramaniam said Mugilan will have ample support for the campaign because many people of all races have had enough of Samy Vellu's tenure.

Subramaniam also denied an alleged claim by Vel Paari, Samy Vellu's son who was recently appointed as the party's central working committee (CWC) member, that Mugilan was Subramaniam's "stooge". Subramaniam said the claim was "mischievous".

"I have not spoken to Mugilan in the past one year," he said, calling Vel Paari's claim "baseless utter rubbish."

-- theSun

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home