18 September, 2009

Torn between two 'Royals'

A brawl which allegedly erupted between two royal families last year has now blown up openly with one side demanding for a RM50mil compensation.

Tunku Nadzimuddin Tunku Mud­zaffar, a grandson of the late Yang di-Pertuan Besar Negri Sembilan, is publicly accusing Raja Muda of Johor Tunku Ismail Idris of putting a gun to his head and hitting him repeatedly for “unknown reasons” in the wee hours of Oct 25 last year.

He also voiced disappointment with the Criminal Investigations Depart­ment in Bukit Aman, the Dang Wangi police headquarters and the city police headquarters for what he described as “a serious lack of action.”

At a press conference yesterday, Tunku Nadzimuddin said he was at a club called Heritage Mansion with his then girlfriend and now wife Nur Azini Kamal, 32, to meet his friends on the night of Oct 24.

Tunku Nadzimuddin, 37, an institutional clients manager for MAAKL Mutual Bhd said it was a “time-out” for him because he had been undergoing treatment for Hodgkin’s lymphoma.

However, a scuffle broke out just after 1am and a bottle landed on one of his friends’ head.

Subsequently, he was contacted by a man who claimed to be Tunku Ismail.

Tunku Nadzimuddin said the other party wanted to apologise and asked him to go to the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Jalan Sultan Ismail.

As the group waited at the lobby, Tunku Nadzimuddin claimed that some of them were forced into a lift.

Once they were inside the lift, Tunku Nadzimuddin claimed that Tunku Ismail, who was armed with a gun, hit him on the head and face.

“He also held a gun in a threatening manner at my head. My friend who was also in the lift was assaulted until he lost consciousness,” he alleged.

The lift stopped on the 25th floor and they were forced into a room where his unconscious friend was left lying the floor. Tengku Nadzimuddin claimed that they were held captive for 45 minutes.

Asked whether he had insulted the Johor royalty previously, he said he had not done any such thing. Neither was he drunk at the time, he said.

- The Star

My son is precious! Not even RM100mil can match his worth. No amount of money!

This was the outburst from Tunku Dara Naquiah Tuanku Jaafar to reports on the Internet and the international media that the Negri Sembilan royalty had demanded RM50mil from the Johor royalty as compensation over an assault incident involving two princes from their respective royal houses.

Her son, Tunku Nadzimuddin Tunku Mudzaffar , 37, was allegedly battered by the Raja Muda of Johor, Tunku Ismail Idris Abdul Majid Abu Bakar Iskandar Tunku Ibrahim, at the Crowne Plaza Hotel here on Oct 24, 2008.

The Johor prince was allegedly armed with a gun, which he purportedly used to hit Tunku Nadzimuddin in the head and face.

The Negri Sembilan family has filed a police report and is hoping that after 11 months there would be some results of the investigations.

Tunku Naquiah , the eldest daughter of the late Tuanku Jaafar Tuanku Abdul Rahman, the former Yang di Pertuan Besar of Negri Sembilan, denied that she demanded any kind of compensation from Johor.

“No, I did not demand any kind of compensation, even though there were people advising me to ask for a sum of money.

“The A-G even advised us to settle the matter out of court,” she told a press conference.

“I want justice to be done. In any civilised society, if you point a gun at someone you are committing a criminal offence and should be charged. And, in most cases, get a term in prison immediately,” said Tunku Naquiah.

Attorney-General Abdul Gani Patail has promised the government will take action after a thorough investigation.

So far, 41 statements have been recorded from witnesses at two places in Kuala Lumpur on Oct 24 last year, he added.

Therefore the investigation paper has to be thoroughly studied and I will not hesitate to announce my decision once it is done, Gani said in a statement issued late Thursday.

An investigation paper was first submitted to the AG's Chambers on Nov 18 but returned to the police on Dec 1 for further investigations, he added.It was only resubmitted to the prosecution's office in Kuala Lumpur on Wednesday and to him on Thursday.

Nevertheless, there have been ongoing advice and contact between the police and my officers, Gani said.



Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home