03 January, 2008

You can’t continue in power when you are seen naked.

"My biggest mistake ever since coming to KL is to fulfill my duties as the Health Minister and as MCA vice-president," declared Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek, who quit as Health Minister.

"As Health Minister and MCA vice-president, I had to travel country-wide to know about the medical facilities and to let MCA members know me as I am a new face in national politics.

"So a lot of people were highly suspicious of my movements, why is this man working so hard meeting members...so he must have a political agenda. He must be ambitious."

"This is made worse by the press. The press will always say Dr Chua is one who may be mounting a challenge against the deputy president, against the president.

"The press helped to kill me, to be honest...so the truth is that the pen is mightier than the sword," he said.

"There is a lot of speculation that I have a political agenda and that I am a very ambitious man ... I think that was my biggest mistake," said Chua, who is married with three children.

Without pointing fingers at anyone, Dr Chua, a medical doctor, said he was unhappy with the "political behaviour of some leaders" but this was not important anymore as it was now history.

Asked if he knew his political foes, Dr Chua retorted: "People who are suspicious of me are the people who will gain from being suspicious of me.


If Malaysia’s Minister of Health, Chua Soi Lek, were a lucky man, he might have fended off recent accusations of infidelity the way many others have: by working the he-said/she-said (or he-said/he-said) angle for everything it is worth and hoping that the next news cycle forgets you.

Chua told his countrymen to loosen up, complaining that “some Malaysians have a holier-than-thou attitude,”

His personal life lesson was not one found in children’s books: “At the end of the day, it just tells you that honesty sometimes does not pay.”

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home