27 August, 2009

Dr Chua wants to take a short break after being sacked from MCA

Dr Chua, writing in his blog, said he wants to take a short vacation with "family and friends" and rest.

I Am Sacked

Today, I am partyless. I served MCA as a divisional chairman since 1985. On the 2nd January 2008 when I resigned from all party posts, I was still an MCA member. Today, I don’t even have a party. So, my position today is worst of than when I resigned on 2nd January 2008. I did not realize that MCA disciplinary board led by an aging lawyer have deemed fit to recommend me to be sacked 21 months after I have resigned from all party and government posts for the same reason as when I resigned in January 2008. If there is provision for sentencing of death physically, I am sure that the disciplinary board would have no hesitation in recommending me to face the gallows. The reason is obvious why I need to be sacked. Will my sacking boost up the image of the MCA? I have to assume that the President today is as clean and clear as crystal. Only time will tell.

Since last night, my phone has not stopped ringing. Today, I spend my time trying to read all the sms. Probably, this is to keep me occupied since I am now partyless. The press has not stopped harassing me. It is actually quite funny and fun.

My family and friends will be going away for a short holiday. I need to enjoy this partyless status. So friends, give me a chance to rest. People will be thinking that I will be working very hard, but as usual; I take everything in my stride. Hopefully I can live longer to see another day and another battle.


It was only a matter of time for the inevitable to happen. And it did late Wednesday night.

MCA deputy president Dr Chua Soi Lek has been sacked from the party with immediate effect. The reason - the damage inflicted upon the image of the party brought about by Chua's sex scandal in 2007.

Announcing the sacking of his deputy, MCA president Ong Tee Keat revealed that the MCA presidential council in a lengthy meeting collectively made a decision to accept the disciplinary board's recommendation to expel Chua from the party with immediate effect.

Ong said that under Article 127 (A) of the party constitution, Chua was allowed to appeal the decision to the central committee within 14 days.

Collective decision

He said according to Article 128 of MCA's constitution, the decision of the central committee on matters of discipline was final and conclusive and shall not be subject to question by or in any court of law.

"We did so with a heavy heart after giving much consideration to the damage inflicted upon the party's image brought about by his sex scandal featured in a DVD. "This decision has been made in the best interest of the party," Ong told a press conference soon after the meeting ended.

Ong also said that he would explain the decision of the presidential council to Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak, who is also Barisan Nasional chairman.

"We, as members of the presidential council will stand as one and we shall collectively be responsible for this decision," he added, wihout responding to questions raised by members of the media, who had waited for almost six hours.

Former MCA vice-president Datuk Seri Dr Fong Chan Onn today urged the party’s presidential council to respect the central delegates’ decision and reconsider its sacking of deputy president Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek.

Fong, who is Alor Gajah division chief and MP, said the party does not enjoy the luxury of in-fighting and it must project the image of a united party.

He said the central delegates knew Chua’s history and had made their decision in the party election last year to elect him as deputy, with Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat as the party president to lead the second largest component party in the Barisan Nasional.

He hoped the presidential council and central committee will reconsider the decision to endorse the disciplinary board’s recommendation to sack Chua after he was found guilty of tarnishing the party’s image through his involvement in a sex scandal.

He had also denied his involvement in the anti-Ong campaign and claimed that he is just a retired politician.

Meanwhile, less than 24 hours after Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek was sacked from the MCA, efforts are underway to push for an extraordinary general meeting (EGM).

Puchong division member Datuk Theng Book, who heads the 'Save MCA' committee, said today that committee members would travel nationwide in the next two weeks to secure the support of a third of the party's 2,500 central delegates to convene the EGM.

He said aim of the EGM was to reinstate Dr Chua's membership and pass a motion of no-confidence against party president Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat.

At a news conference here, Thean challenged Ong to hold the EGM if he was confident the majority of members supported him.

He denied the 'Save MCA' committee was formed at Dr Chua's behest.

The “Save MCA” campaign had last year pressured former president Datuk Seri Ong Ka Ting to resign.

To convene an EGM, Theng will have to collect one-third, or 800 MCA central delegate signatures.

“It should be no problem,” Theng told reporters this afternoon, adding that it would take about two to three weeks to go on a nationwide campaign to collect the signatures.

Tee Keat is causing disunity in the party, please come forward to save MCA,” said Theng.

The EGM will have two motions on its agenda — to reverse the decision of the presidential council and reinstate Chua and a vote of no confidence in Ong as president.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you. Chua Soi Lek is a victim.

But I'm angry why he choose Theng Bok as his campaign manager. That guy got problem one.

Tan Chai Ho also got problem link with underworld. Remember the one of the taiko shot dead with links to Chai HO?

Why can't CSL change his campaign team and get good clean people to help him?

Disappointed.

August 31, 2009 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home