20 February, 2010

No, I'm no hidden hand, I'm boleh hand

Rosmah Mansor, wife of the prime minister, has dismissed a notion that she is a hidden hand behind Najib Abdul Razak's decision-making.

"I have not heard about it, but it is not something that I am sensitive of as it is not true. Maybe I am a bit vocal or gregarious... I like to have friends unlike Datuk Najib, who is a bit reserve.

"But it does not mean that since Datuk Najib is a reserve person, I am making the decisions... I am the type, who will voice out my dissatisfaction, but once said, it is done. I do not harbour feelings," she said.

Rosmah said although Najib was a man of few words, he should not be underestimated.

"I always tell others not to underestimate Datuk Najib, he is not easily angered but do not provoke him. If he is angry, there is no forgiveness for you.

"Datuk does not say much but he registered what is happening around him. If I made a mistake, he will reprimand me. If he stomp his feet, it will shudder me.

"What is important is we are close to each other where we can talk things over, we laugh and share jokes as it is important that a leader should not be so stressed out.

During Singapore MM Mr Lee Kuan Yew's triumphant visit to Malaysia, he was asked to see Rosmah, and PM Najib made arrangements for them to meet.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak and his wife Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor have been warm and forthcoming beyond Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew’s expectations. MM Lee said he called on Rosmah because he had been told that she and her husband worked as a team and it was necessary for him to understand both members of the team.

Lee said he found the Malaysian prime minister and his wife “warm, positive and, more than I had expected to find them, forthcoming”.

However, like Singapore's Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew said, Najib and Rosmah work as a team. If so, Rosmah's actions, thoughts and words should carry as much weight as her husband's.

Rosmah Mansor was born in 1951 to two teachers.She has a BA in Anthropology and Sociology from University Malaya and an MSc in Sociology and Agriculture from Louisiana State University, USA.

She later worked as an executive with Bank Pertanian and subsequently as a business development manager with Island and Peninsular Bhd, a property developer company.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home