05 February, 2010

Blockbuster of the year 2010: "Malaysian Idol "?

Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan told a High Court here today that Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim is a charismatic leader and was his idol during his growing up years.

Mohd Saiful said he first met Anwar after the election through a friend.

He said the friend, identified as Rahimi Osman, had invited him to his office in Section 16, Petaling Jaya, and had asked if he (Mohd Saiful) was working anywhere.

"When I said I was not working, he asked whether I wanted to become an assistant in Anwar's office," said Saiful, adding that the PKR advisor was short of staff at that moment.

This led to an introduction to Anwar and his subsequent acceptance as a personal assistant to the former deputy prime minister.

“I was surprised. I had not decided on anything yet when Anwar said, ‘I appreciate your helping us’. It was a signal that he accepted me there and then.”

Asked whether Anwar asked him about his qualification, Saiful said yes.

Asked about his resignation from his job, Saiful said he had first informed Anwar of his resignation via email at about 9am on June 27, 2008 (a day after the alleged sodomy).

"After a few hours, Anwar called me (on the phone) and scolded me and told me to meet him at the office at Section 16 that afternoon," said Saiful.

"At that time, I was scared but I went to see him. He asked me why I wanted to resign and I stated the reasons in the email; firstly, lack of discpline as I was always late to office and he always scolded me," said Saiful.

"Secondly, I was not qualified and was afraid to be questioned as I was given more privileges than the other staff," said Saiful.

For example, he said, he was given a room in the (Parti Keadilan Rakyat) new office at Tropicana Merchant Square.

However, he said the real reason was that, he was not wiiling to be treated in that way again (referring to the alleged sodomy).

At this point Karpal objected to the word "again" and asked for the word to be excluded.

However, judge Datuk Mohamad Zabidin Mohd Diah said he understood it as Saiful not wanting it to happen again and said there was no question of prejudice.

Continuing his testimony, Saiful said, Anwar persuaded him not to resign and told him to be more discplined. "He counter-offered (saying) he would sponsor my education," said Saiful.

He said it did not matter where he studied, that he could do full-time study and at the same time get full salary and allowances.

"At that time, I was scared to object," said Saiful, adding that, he agreed.

He said after a few hours, Anwar sent him an email. He said, as far as he remembered, Anwar thanked him for being willing to continue his service.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home