12 June, 2007

And Now, The End Is Near..

And now, the end is near, and so I face, the final curtain.
My friend, I'll say it clear,
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.
I've lived, a life that's full, I've traveled each and every highway.
And more, much more than this,I did it my way.

Regrets, I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention.
I did, what I had to do, and saw it through, without exemption.
I planned, each charted course, each careful step, along the byway,
and more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew,
When I bit off, more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up, and spit it out.
I faced it all, and I stood tall,
and did it my way.

I've loved, I've laughed and cried,
I've had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing.
To think, I did all that, and may I say --- not in a shy way,
"Oh no, oh no not me,
I did it my way".

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things, he truly feels,
And not the words, of one who kneels.
The record shows, I took the blows ---
And did it my way!

I did it my way.


One year, more than 500 posts, this blog will enter a temporary hiatus now.

Just when Malaysia’s Government servants will be getting a confirmed pay rise, effective July 1, I am in the process of being made redundant from a company that I am working at for the past 20 years. In fact, more than a thousand have been retrenched since March this year.

I need to find a job !

Job hunting needs a lot of time, especially these days, where vacancies are on a slump.

Downsizing, making employees redundant is inevitable and part of co operative life in Malaysia., there can be no denying that it is a necessary evil since the reign of Abdullah, the sleepy PM !

Initially, I had mixed emotions about being retrenched when announced, but I know I have to face this inevitable truth.

Dear friends, wonderful readers, pray for me, wish me Good luck with the job hunt.

Hopefully, I'll be back soon with more Rojaks and Cocktail, of which "I did it my way" !

Until then, it is bye bye from now!

10 Comments:

Blogger J.T. said...

Awww.. Linken. I will miss getting news updates from your blog. But I understand, you have to do what you have to do - find a job.

Best wishes and look forward to the day you return to update your blog.

I am not sure what kind of line you are in but here's a lead for a headhunter. It was formerly DP Search when I worked there.

Kapient is fully committed to working in partnership with our clients and candidates to provide the best human capital solutions in Technology, Banking and Finance in Asia Pacific.

Kapient (M) Sdn Bhd
Suite 15-01, 15th floor
MCB Plaza
6 Changkat Raja Chulan
Kuala Lumpur 50200

Telephone: 603 2031 6800
Facsimile: 603 2032 5792
Email: career.my@kapient.com

June 12, 2007 11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best and hope you will find a new and better prospect in a short time.

I am also waiting eagerly for your return to the blogosphere.

I am sure all the bloggers, no matters what faith they belong to, will pray for you.

May the force be with you.

June 14, 2007 3:30 PM  
Blogger Ah Yun Wong said...

Dear j.t.

I am touched, grateful and strengthened by your kind words and support.
I am working as a Technician/dept supervisor in the group's fabric knitting department.
Anyway thanks for the info' j.t I appreciate your unselfishness.
Thanks for dropping by, you are a wonderful blogger-friend.

June 14, 2007 7:02 PM  
Blogger Ah Yun Wong said...

Dear Dr Hsu

I wish you all the best and hope you will find a new and better prospect in a short time.
Thanks, Inshallah !

I am sure all the bloggers, no matters what faith they belong to, will pray for you.
I do hope so, where have the bloggers of "BUM" "All-Blogs" gone,just when I needed them most? at least a word of encouragement will do, right?
Thanks bro' for your kind words, I appreciate it!

June 14, 2007 7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linken...tech with fabric knitting org. I did some HRD work for the Penn Group in Butterworth/Penang. But you are in KL I gather. Unless you want a change and switch to another org. With your supervisory skill you are still marketable....Linken...email me at ( deleted ) with your CV. No promises but I will try my very, very best.

Zorro
Thanks man!
A friend in need is a friend indeed.
I was working as a QC in Prai Butterworth 'distant' years ago too, stayed at Chai Leng park for sometime.
I am in the midst of negotiation to start a join venture with a friend of mine, (a small business), hopefully, everything will be sorted out by this month.
I am really touched with your kind concern. In fact, I am feeling so much better now. One has to face the climax and anti climax as one goes on, that's life.
Uncle, thanks again, may God bless you, cheer!
Linken

June 18, 2007 6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Linken,
Very sorry to hear about your retrenchment. Its tough to be out on the job market again after so many years. Good luck and best wishes.
I gather you work in the textile/ garment industry. Its a sunset industry in this country. Lots of jobs lost to China now.

My manufacturing contacts are all in Penang, I'm afraid, but I've built up quite a network over the years, let me know if you need any help - My E-mail's on my blogger profile - just click on the Kittykat picture.


Kittykat46

Thanks a lot. Indeed, garment manufacturing is a sunset industry in Malaysia now.
In fact, if the company did not invest in China, it should be ok and still can survive. The expenditure is very high there now a days and make not much differences compared to Malaysia. What I gathered was the corruption rate there is very much the same too.
As i said to Zorro, I am trying to venture into my own business, who knows, perhaps, one day I might need your assistance while I am in Penang ?
One thing for sure, while some people live to eat, I have to eat to live.
Thanks again. God bless !

Linken

June 19, 2007 10:15 PM  
Blogger zewt said...

yo!

sorry to hear about your job predicament. all the best in your job hunt. meanwhile, if finances permits... this is the time where you can take some time to do things that you enjoy most... whatever that may be...

June 19, 2007 10:27 PM  
Blogger Ah Yun Wong said...

zewt

Thanks.
May go Hibernation for a while,haha !
Frankly, I can't.

Three teenage mouths to feed.

Retrenched without any compensation, wanna lodge a report with labour office one auspicious day :)

Will be going down KL to meet a friend @ RHB bank, wisma VOA, Damasara. Is it near your working place?

Regards, cheers!

June 21, 2007 7:10 PM  
Blogger piglet~ said...

sorry to hear about that but i'm sure there many other better jobs!

June 25, 2007 8:26 PM  
Blogger Ah Yun Wong said...

piglet

Thanks for the kind words.
Just went for an interview this afternoon. The company offers me a job but have to station @ Cambodia, ought to have a deep discussion with family before I make any decision.
Thanks Sing Huih !

June 25, 2007 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home